Production Blog: Music Blog Plan B?

Filming is now completed for my film! My next step in this journey is to edit all of the different shots into one movie. However, I am forgetting about one of the most important parts of the film... the music! As soon as my group and I decided on a genre and plot for my film, I emailed a music production company named, Warner Chappel. The Warner Chappel company messaged me back a few weeks ago, asking for a price to own the rights to the song. This price was outrageous, as they were asking for $1000-$2000. This is when I had to come up with a Plan B. I collected my group to discuss the news and everyone was devastated, since everyone was hoping to use Born Too Late, by the Poni-tails for the entire film. Everyone had shared their ideas for a new plan. Some of these plans included, emailing a new music company  and messaging the Warner Chappel  company again to compromise for a new price. However, it was too late into the film to wait for another music production company's response. I had thrown in the idea to use royalty free music, which had always been my backup plan. All of my partners agreed on my new idea, and I started researching for royalty free music on a social platform called, YouTube. After listening to various creators, I did not find anything that would be a perfect fit for my film. At this point, an hour had passed and I was really disappointed in the results. I messaged all of my group members to let them know that I was struggling, so all of my partners started to research as well. One of my partners stumbled across the perfect sound and sent it to the group chat immediately. I loved the royalty music that they had chosen, so I approved the sound titled, “50s music royalty free” and I decided to slow the music down in the final film. I was so relived, since music makes a huge difference to a film, and adds so much importance. Now that I have the perfect music, which fits into my film, I have to focus on the editing portion.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Final Task

Editing Blog

Production Blog: Changes Made From Film Review