Production Blog: Editting Blog

 After filming was completed, it was finally time to edit. Connor, one of my group members, chose to edit the video since he had a lot of experience. My partner was enrolled in many coding and media classes throughout his middle school career.  He edited on his laptop, which he volunteered to bring to school, so my group members and I could help assist. I found time during my sixth period study hall time to help participate in the editing process. When it came to editing, I had a few issues right off the bat. It was very difficult to edit during the school day, since the internet connection was slow. This made it impossible to open and run the editing software. By this time, I had tried to restart the device and try a new device completely. It had then occurred to me to use my partner's phone hotspot to connect to the PC. This succeeded, and I was able to begin editing immediately. I messaged my partner the videos I had taken on my phone and then transferred the files to his computer. After that, I organized each shot in chronological sequence. Cutting the pictures into smaller segments was the next step in my approach. There were several shots, each of which had to be trimmed in a specific way to reflect my storyboard. It took a long time, but I finally completed trimming each shot to the appropriate length. Finally, through my past filmmaking projects, I had learned how to make transitions, so it was time to apply my education on the task to my film. I used the mobile app, iMovie to insert transitions into the film. There is a lot of editing to be done, which I will complete another day. My group members and I plan to edit in the next six days.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Final Task

Editing Blog

Production Blog: Changes Made From Film Review